Control Surface Stopped Working...

memarkiam
Go to solution Solved by stratquebec,

Really weird. All was working fine. Have been using a Yamaha Motif ES8 for months now as a control surface with no problems.

All I can think that I did was switch remote mode on the Motif off to try some settings in Zone Master mode, but now when I go back to Remote mode, while the transport controls still control playback on Logic, nothing else works.

Playing the keyboard, or using the mod wheel, expression pedal etc - none of this seems to generate any midi data whatsoever. Just the transport controls work.

As far as I can tell it is all setup as it should be: ‘ModeA = Logic Port 4’, but all of a sudden no midi data (apart from transport) is getting from the ES8 to Logic.

I've rebooted Logic, my Mac, the Motif itself, and even reinstalled the Yamaha USB driver. But no luck.

Anyone come across anything like this before? Help!! ;)

Thank you.

• Solution

Don't know anything about the Yamaha but when I have a problem with a control surface, I delete (or move to the desktop) the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file.

Close logic

In the Finder, hold down Option as you click the Go menu, and choose Library

Open the Preferences folder

Delete (or move elsewhere) com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Reboot Logic.

Edited by stratquebec

Thanks all for your comments.

I was a bit slow to try this, but finally closed Logic, opened another application (eg KompleteKontrol) and Motif was working fine/as expected. I was thinking I must have done something in the Motif to mess it up, but this indicated the problem was indeed in Logic.

@stratquebec - did as you suggested, and it worked fine! Don't know what it was that threw it off, but all seems fine now. Many thanks!