I opened a new project in Logic Pro X

I had only 8 bars in the project

First track was a MIDI synth Logic software instrument

Second track was a MIDI synth Logic software instrument

Third track was Logic drummer

Fourth track was Orb Composer Chords

I then created a fifth track and selected Orb Composer bass

Logic attempted to open it and I got the System Overload message

I am perplexed as to how this can even be possible on a new project with only 4 tracks on it

My setup:

Mac Pro 7,1 16-core

96GB RAM

Apogee Element 24 Thunderbolt interface

If anyone has any idea as to why this could have happened I would really appreciate the insight

lots of possibilities; what other apps were open? and when did you last reboot? (rebooting is always a logical, and simple, place to start when things like that happen).

i experience overload messages regularly (with cableguys 'shaperbox 2'); but only happens when music is playing. if i open the plugin when nothing's playing... no issue. perhaps worth noting if orb composer behaves similarly; something about the resources loading when logic is working.

lots of possibilities; what other apps were open? and when did you last reboot? (rebooting is always a logical, and simple, place to start when things like that happen).

i experience overload messages regularly (with cableguys 'shaperbox 2'); but only happens when music is playing. if i open the plugin when nothing's playing... no issue. perhaps worth noting if orb composer behaves similarly; something about the resources loading when logic is working.

The only other apps that were open were iMessage and Mail

I have 96GB of RAM, I should be able to open tons of apps on my computer at the same time and be fine

Last rebooted my computer yesterday

I had nothing exotic open - only 2 software instrument tracks and a drummer track

This computer should be able to run hundreds of tracks