Logic not appearing on list in Privacy settings?

simlockett
Go to solution Solved by simlockett,

I have recently installed Logic Pro X 10.6.1 after moving to Big Sur on my Mac Pro. I wondered why when hooking everything up through my Scarlett 2i2 that my microphone is not getting recognised by Logic even though you can hear it on the monitor speakers with direct monitoring switched on. It does seem to work fine with Garageband though? So I looked online and saw mention of checking that the Security and Privacy settings for Microphone had Logic ticked.

I did this and noticed that the only items to be able to be ticked are Ableton Live, Garageband and Zoom. And yes all of these use the microphone fine, so why is logic not showing up on this list? During the install there were no error or warning messages and Logic is working fine for everything else, but just will not allow audio recording.

Has anyone else had this issue at all?

Ok so you can forget about the privacy settings since you're not trying to record your Mac's built-in microphone.

Logic's audio preferences are correct then.

Now is the correct input number selected on your audio channel strip? Is the track R-enabled? If you actually start recording, does Logic pick up any signal at all?

Ok so you can forget about the privacy settings since you're not trying to record your Mac's built-in microphone. ...

If that's true it must have changed since 10.14.6 and 10.5.1 ?!? I can't record anything from my external interface unless this setting is checked...

To OP, try a reset of VRAM/PRAM ?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251161369

Ok so you can forget about the privacy settings since you're not trying to record your Mac's built-in microphone. ...

If that's true it must have changed since 10.14.6 and 10.5.1 ?!?

Oh really? Ok you must be right of course Jakob, I thought that that setting was affecting only the built-in mic. I stand corrected. :oops:

Then to the OP, make sure you have System Integrity Protection (SIP) enabled on your Mac? See: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/disabling_and_enabling_system_integrity_protection

Oh really? Ok you must be right of course Jakob, I thought that that setting was affecting only the built-in mic. I stand corrected. :oops:

Yeah, I agree it really should be called something like "Audio Inputs" instead of just "Microphone" to make things clearer, or add a couple of lines in the descriptive text for this...

• Solution
So... I finally got sorted. Well sort of. After trying all the suggestions above.. VRAM/PRAM, SIP etc, none of these had the desired effect. So I resorted to going back a step and re-installing 10.5.1. Worked first time, microphone all hooked up and working fine. I did read that 10.6.1 can have issues with Big Sur so maybe it's a fundamental thing based on your machine spec?

So... I finally got sorted. Well sort of. After trying all the suggestions above.. VRAM/PRAM, SIP etc, none of these had the desired effect. So I resorted to going back a step and re-installing 10.5.1. Worked first time, microphone all hooked up and working fine. I did read that 10.6.1 can have issues with Big Sur so maybe it's a fundamental thing based on your machine spec?

Well that's odd! But glad to hear you found a way to make it work for you, and thanks a lot for reporting what resolved the issue for you. :)