Big sur OK ?

Dupont

definitely check with ALL important software you are using before updating. an increasing number of things are working ok, but still some are not. Vienna Ensemble Pro, for example, is not certified to work with BigSur yet. Obviously LogicPro will work fine, but I think third party plugins you have to check with each manufacturer.

Highly recommend you backup whatever you. have now first before upgrading.

Finally updated to bigsur but wifi stopped working. It seems a known issue ! Not logic related but ... annoying.

I must connect to the internet with my 200 £ laptop because my 2500 $ imac can't !!!

have you reset the nvram? the smc? if others are experiencing this (i'm not, none of my collabs on big sur are), google and see what people figure out. good luck!

Finally updated to bigsur but wifi stopped working. It seems a known issue ! Not logic related but ... annoying.

I must connect to the internet with my 200 £ laptop because my 2500 $ imac can't !!!

have you reset the nvram? the smc? if others are experiencing this (i'm not, none of my collabs on big sur are), google and see what people figure out. good luck!

Yes did it with Apple support yesterday, it did not work, he said the reset will solve the issue 24 h after ?

another phone call is planned with Apple support this afternoon and he will help to reinstall OSX if wifi is still down.

@Dupont, sorry you ran into issues but for anyone else reading this do this instead.

Create a second bootable OS X on an external hard drive, then you can test things to see if they're going to work.

It's not for full production use, but to test, in this case, you would have seen the wifi issue then you can make the decision not to upgrade until you have no issue on the second bootable drive.

I did that on my MacMini M1 because Refx installer, while it supports Universal the installer requires Rosetta 2, so I couldn't get Nexus installed on my M1, but with my external boot, I did install it, then copied the AU Component to the primary boot and now I see Nexus in Logic.