Waveform Drawing Bugs-Rant

ozinga

Logic already has terrible looking waveforms. Add to that when you use time stretch you get weird graphical bugs as spikes and lines broken waveforms etc.

Also some imported files get thick lines at silent parts which gets corrected if you bounce it in place.

It is a shame being an Apple product which is obsessed about visuals. Logic should have the best looking waveforms as the rest of the program which I adore for both looks and easy to work for hours without giving eye fatigue.

I don't understand why it has not been improved by now. I get same visual bugs on Mojave and Catalina when I use time stretch on the main page. So I do not think it is system specific.

Rant over :)

I believe that the Logic team took the decision to prioritize the use of resources for audio rather than display, which seems like a wise decision to me... up to a point obviously: it's only a matter of time when Macs will become fast enough so that the waveform display will finally be updated. But that explain why it hasn't happened yet.

Also some imported files get thick lines at silent parts which gets corrected if you bounce it in place.

That usually means there's DC offset in the audio file, which can be removed in Logic's audio file editor:

848786416_removeDCoffset.png.185fe74c4fd9a70df16e82a207ed07b5.png