Reamping and printing without latency/alignment issues

Cowboy4d2

Hello All,

I’m new to the forum and loving all the information and help available here. I’m just starting to get into reamping my DIs and using some external hardware. My questions concern routing, latency, and printing. Some info has you just set the track output to an out of the interface, and new track armed with input of the cab mic, press record and track in real time. This produces results that aren’t time aligned with the original performance. Others say use the I/O plug on an insert and ping latency. But what is the best way to print from the I/O since it’s live, concerning latency/time alignment? Same thing if I’m sending to a hardware verb, how to print without latency? I’ve seen some info on this forum about soloing the I/O track and bouncing, but wouldn’t that render a stereo file? I want to keep reamped guitars and bass in mono.

I’ll try that today! I’ve also read about printing from a bus for time alignment??? So I/O on the DI track, ping latency, track out to a bus, new audio with input set as the same bus, record. Would this be a sample accurate way of printing the I/O?