Upgrading to 10.6 from 10.4.8

jhkmusic

Hello, I am interested in upgrading to Catalina (from Mojave) and upgrading to Logic 10.6 from 10.4.8 - however, I'm wondering whether sessions will open and play back the same way in 10.6 as they did in 10.4, or whether there have been any signal flow changes in Logic that might prevent that. I ask, because I remember in upgrading from Logic 9 to 10 way back when, I had to rebuild my template because the sends and busses got disabled during the upgrade.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated - I'm hoping the transition is smooth and it can just work!

Thanks,

Josh

The Logic projects will be the same, but check you don't lose any technology you might be using that no longer works in Catalina, old plugins, automapped plugins, recycle files and so on, and some of those things can have an impact.

And always back up your old system, so you can easily revert should something unexpected happen when you realise something vital to you no longer works. Without that, you have no "undo", and you're committed...

I upgraded to Catalina recently from Mojave on my laptop and certain older apps didn't work anymore, so either I found an update for Catalina or I had to find a replacement.

The biggest issue is always older hardware that doesn't work in Catalina anymore.

So if you have a TM backup or similar, you can revert if it doesn't work.