Turning off Visual Feedback

BBarlag

Hey guys,

Is there a way to turn off the visual cues and numbers within the workflow?

E.g. how many db's you're sending to a bus via a send. 624100783_Screenshot2021-03-02at16_25_42.png.4bcbfca74979f398ddce7877e20b189b.png

Or how much you are panning left and right.

Or how many dbs up or down your fader is? 1692525067_Screenshot2021-03-02at16_32_09.png.31ace43d017052e29b719c5f2172d2d5.png

I'm finding it more and more inhibiting than helping these days.

If anybody could help that'd be great!

command-H will hide logic, and then you can work without having to see anything. or turn your monitor off. or, as fuzzfilth suggested.

seriously, how is this an issue? making music is an "art" (notice i put that in quotes), but recording & mixing involves technical work, and levels, sends, etc are important to know. anyway, i don't get it (and this wouldn't be the first time...) 8-)

command-H will hide logic, and then you can work without having to see anything. or turn your monitor off. or, as fuzzfilth suggested.

seriously, how is this an issue? making music is an "art" (notice i put that in quotes), but recording & mixing involves technical work, and levels, sends, etc are important to know. anyway, i don't get it (and this wouldn't be the first time...) 8-)

I've recently been working on a '70 CADAC console and I've found that the restrictions of not knowing precisely how far I'm turning knobs is greatly improving the way I am working with my ears more than with my eyes. I admit it is a larger problem than just these visual cues, but I also don't think it would be such a hard feature to implement.

If Logic was mod-able I would probably do it myself :wink:

Again, just grab that control and look away while tweaking it. You 'll be forced to use your ears.

Alternatively, you might rig up some Smart Controls which could not show any scale ?

Ah yeah that might nog be a bad idea! Thanks!