Odd MIDI Channel behaviour after Controller purchase

Zipfunk
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hi Guys,

I bought the nanoKONTROL2 recently and it works great.

I can control CC data as well as regular fader, record, panning, etc.

I have noticed though that when I record a midi track the Channel says its 15 in the Event List.

It used to default to 1.

Not a big deal but is there a way to change that back so a newly recorded MIDI note is on channel 1 in the Event List?

Drew

• Solution

You are recording note data from the NanoKontrol?

Or does the nanokontrol have nothing to do with your issue? What are you using to generate the notes? is it transmitting on MIDI channel 15 (if so, use whatever keyboard you are using's facilities to reset it's MIDI transmit channel to 1).

Does it even matter that the notes are recorded on channel 15? Why do you expressly need the recorded notes to be something other than 15, as Logic will just assign whatever channel you want on playback with the track MIDI channel parameter, so it's not that important.

Otherwise, check the track's MIDI channel in the track inspector window, and set it to 1 if it's set to 15, or "All".

I was answering al your questions until I go too the EDIT button. I remembered pressing it by accident and clearly I pressed another key to change it to Channel 15.

I've fixed the issue.

Thank you for the input or I would have not thought of that.

Drew