Audio output suddenly stopped (but not on all tracks)

ums

In the middle of a mix session I quite suddenly lost my audio output on all tracks EXCEPT for one region on one of the tracks. Every other track and, indeed, every other region on that track, are now all silent. I see no meter output except for when playing that solitary region, I got no output error messages and no indication there is a problem. All tracks have the proper output bus, none are muted (either in the rack, the mixer, or in the timeline), and again, that one clip is playing while everything else on that track is not. I've rebooted the computer numerous times. I saved the project as a copy and the new project has the same issue. However, I can copy and paste all the regions into a new project and they all play. I'm pretty deep into this project and would love to not have to start over. Any ideas what could be happening? Thanks in advance.

I fear you're right about the project being corrupt. It happened seemingly so abruptly and without provocation. When trying to make a new project I couldn't figure out how to import using the All Files browser (I couldn't even figure out how to access external drives from there).

ROUNDABOUT FIX: So I ended up clicking in the timeline of the corrupted project, cmd+A (select All), cmd+C (copy), and then opening a new project without closing the project (or Logic). At this point I have two projects open with the new one being the live one (the one "on top". In that timeline I hit cmd+V (paste) and everything from my previous (corrupt) project fell into place, including automations. Now, with both projects open, I opened a mixer window from each project open and put them side by side. Next I went to SETTING at the top of each channel in the OLD Mixer and chose COPY CHANNEL STRIP SETTING, then I went to that relative channel in the NEW mixer and chose PASTE CHANNEL STRIP SETTING from the SETTING menu of that channel. I did this for each channel. It got tricky with the bus sends which I had to do manually for each channel once I had all everything else pasted in. But at least each plug-in, level, EQ, and send transported to the new project in this process. Time-consuming but better than starting from scratch.

If you followed the link I gave you, you would have been done much quicker by selecting all channels and their content and importing everything in one fell swoop.

Logic is unstable while moving between open projects, I wouldn't recommend that as a solution.

Anyway, good thing you got your project back!

If you followed the link I gave you, you would have been done much quicker by selecting all channels and their content and importing everything in one fell swoop.

Logic is unstable while moving between open projects, I wouldn't recommend that as a solution.

Anyway, good thing you got your project back!

Darnnit, those bottom drop-down menus didn't load the first time I visited that page so I didn't see those details. I'll refer to them next time, gosh forbid it happens again.

Thanks!