MIDI Controllers

Rodizell

I’m using it for a surface for playing keys mostly but I’m also using it as a software instrument for some of the sounds. But I have the Softube Console 1 ecosystem now with the Console 1 and Fader, also the M-Audio trigger finger pro.

I have some tracks that I created inside my yamaha motif and need to extract them to place them inside Logic Pro X so I can complete them. I have the Yamaha connect via USB to my Mac and Connected with TRS cables into my Focusrite interface

Please explain because per some other videos when I’m using my keyboard for playing piano and for it’s internal sounds it should be listed as output port Yamaha motif port 2 and input port as Yamaha motif port 2

No, for playing the keys and to trigger the internal sounds you do not need the device listed in the Control Surfaces setup. That's for control surfaces (mixing with faders, knobs etc).

I have some tracks that I created inside my yamaha motif and need to extract them to place them inside Logic Pro X so I can complete them. I have the Yamaha connect via USB to my Mac and Connected with TRS cables into my Focusrite interface

Ok that's not related to this subject so please start a new topic for that one so we can keep the discussions separate, thanks!

My intentions were to have the option to use the knobs and faders as well since at the moment the Console 1 can’t control the DAW faders and knobs, the console 1 can only control the Console 1 software within the DAW. That’s why it was a preference to have the option to use them on the Motif.

Read the Yamaha manuals about Remote Mode and follow the instructions for setting it up with Logic (it is in the Datra List manual). The Motif controls then emulate a MCU. Using the Remote button you can switch the controls from controlling Logic and controlling the Motif.

USB Port 1 is the MIDI for the Motif, BTW

USB Port 2 is used for Remote Mode

USB Port 3 is for the Motif DIN MIDI connections to external hardware (additional 16 channels beyond the 16 in port 1)

USB Port 4 is used for the Yamaha Editor plugin