Kontakt 6 multi-output in Logic - what am I missing?

MusiquedeReve

I am trying to use Genesis Choir in Kontakt 6 within Logic Pro X

I followed Guy's instructions for using multi-outputs in Logic Pro X as set forth in this video

However, when I go into Kontakt and attempt to click this:

FeedBass.cst.zip

I get this warning:

And when I highlight a track in Logic corresponding to the instance of Genesis in Kontakt, the sound still only shows as coming from st.1 and st.2

Kontakt will not create separate outputs for the additional instances of Genesis

I am not sure what I am missing as I followed each step in the video exactly

Maybe I have to load a brand new instance of Kontakt on each track rather than trying to use multi-output

Thank you for any help

431372562_CleanShot2021-03-05at15_33.09@2x.thumb.png.6ea1197d1f2cf2223ce0374fd163a409.png

837940004_CleanShot2021-03-05at15_24.52@2x.png.d4e512a1e47330fb8fc7f715fdf034ca.png

Ah, Kontakt's lovely multi-output implementation.

Yes it's fun (by fun I mean painful) and not at all intuitive. Insert Kontakt as a multi-output plugin, then open the output config options, and configure the mapping of Kontakt outputs to Logic outputs (you'd think Kontakt would this this automatically, but no), and when you've changed the config, Kontakt will complain and say nothing will work until you reload me - this may or may not be a lie, so ignore it and try, and if it doesn't work, then reload.

Then your multi output mappings will work. I suggest saving commonly used configurations so you can more easily switch between them.

Ah, Kontakt's lovely multi-output implementation.

Yes it's fun (by fun I mean painful) and not at all intuitive. Insert Kontakt as a multi-output plugin, then open the output config options, and configure the mapping of Kontakt outputs to Logic outputs (you'd think Kontakt would this this automatically, but no)

Not sure how to do this

If I click the + button in Kontakt Output section a window appears asking me how many channels - I typed in 2 and it created "st.2"

However, all sounds were still routed through st.1

You've created an ST2 in Kontakt. You need to route that to that second set of outputs from the plugin, and then you need to route whatever Kontakt sounds to that Kontakt output. LIke I say, it's anything but intuitive.

Grab the manual and explore, and you'll likely get the hang of it. If not, maybe the NI forums are a better bet for getting Kontakt specific help, and it's not really Logic related...