Get rid of VCA setup

Myouzik
Go to solution Solved by facej,

Please help me out someone. An artist just sent me his entire folder file for a mix. He's an older guy, and is not very well versed in computer recording, or Logic, so he often has things going on in his session that he didn't necessarily want to have happen or be there, but he did something maybe by accident and didn't know how to correct it.

I know for a fact that he has no idea what a VCA fader is or does, but every track in his session says "VCA" under the pan knob (although only one is being routed to VCA1, the rest are just set to "No VCA" (maybe he unknowingly hit a key command, because his other sessions aren't like this, and again he doesn't even know what a VCA is). Although I am 100% familiar with what it is and does, I have literally used a VCA fader 1 time in Logic, so I am unfamiliar with how to work with them.

How can I reset this session to remove all VCA faders/groups, so that I can start setting up my track stacks and aux sends.

Ok, I partially figured it out. I was able to get rid of the VCA setup on every channel by unselecting "VCA" in "configure channel strip" menu (by CTRL-clicking a mixer channel). But how do I get rid of the remaining "VCA1" strip next to the Master fader?