Scrub issue - problem just started.

SFEARING

I recently added a Behringer X Touch One to my setup, so that I could have a fader to work with. I have been overall very happy with the interface and all the useful assignable buttons that have sped up my workflow. An unexpected perk is the combination of Jog Wheel and "scrub" button, which I find very useful for editing, however, today out of the blue, whilst using my usual method of selecting a channel to edit, then clicking the scrub button, I am hearing two audio sources whilst scrubbing the selected track. I am trying to edit an electric guitar phrase and as expected - when I hit the "scrub" button I can hear that track as I move the jog wheel. What is unexpected, is hearing the lead vocal over top. Also, the section I am editing is a guitar solo, so there isn't any vocal in this section of the tune. Finally, whilst the "scrubbed" guitar sound responds to the speed of the jog wheel , the vocal over top is playing back at regular speed, almost like I have cycle on as well (I don't). Am mystified.... any thoughts anyone?

=SF=