Custom clef

gabrio
Go to solution Solved by volovicg,

Hi all,

I'm a recorder player and I am used to import scores created in MuseScore and read them while recording audio in logic pro.

Recorders plays one octave higher then other instruments, so you have to use use cleff like "tenor+8". Unfortunately, there is not a "bass+8" clef style: I'm trying to create it by myself but I could not find a way to create the "bass+8" sign: is this possible somehow ?

Many thanks for any help/suggestion!

This is very easy to do in Logic Score Editor - post a screenshot of the part you want transposed.

And explore the Staff Style window - you have all the options there to create a style that suits the Recorder

Hi, thanks for suggestion! I've already created a staff style that transpose as I want - but what I was looking for is a way to have that specific clef sign, as shown in the next reply.

So there is no default F clef + 8. So I used a normal Bass clef and added a text object of 8 above the clef.

I anchored the text to the upper left "header" - this way as I move or re-arrange the number of measures in the staff - those text objects remain above the clef and are not shifted out of position. See pics below.....

1117818916_ScreenShot2021-03-16at10_54_31AM.png.51f3e99b5ebb0b87ceab78e505d85100.png

285886627_BassClev8.thumb.gif.06c52f162137c3d7b4d1534baf0aea5d.gif

So there is no default F clef + 8. So I used a normal Bass clef and added a text object of 8 above the clef.

I anchored the text to the upper left "header" - this way as I move or re-arrange the number of measures in the staff - those text objects remain above the clef and are not shifted out of position. See pics below.....

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 10.54.31 AM.png

Bass Clev + 8.gif

G-R-E-A-T-!!!!! Many thanks, thats genius!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 10.54.31 AM.png

Bass Clev + 8.gif

Very cool procedure! Thanks