Importing audio file in Logic

Gianni_Gon

This is how I saved it.

But I did not convert it in PCM yet. When I find converters online they suggest that PCM is Wav, and Im not sure if that is what I'm supposed to converted to?

First, follow triplet's advice regarding saving. You shouldn't have to convert to PCM, Logic can handle that for you. How do you import the mp3 file exactly?

aaaaall right! I finished recording and producing this song. And I do wanna import that mp3 file correctly. I did follow the instructions above, from triplet, importing through the project files. Pressing F and then dragging in. It happens the same thing as if I drag it in from finder. It doesnt work unfortunately.

In the preview the file works fine.

Do you mean ctrl + select the file? Cause when I press ctrl+F nothing happens. And when I press ctrl. + select the file, this option appears: "Add selected audio files to project audio", which is the same as righ-clicking.

F to open the audio files window

Control-F to bring up the add audio file window

Look for the file and then select it

Click on add

Im kind of in a hurry, cause I gotta submit 4 songs in 1 1/2 weeks. So I might just leave it like that. I have followed all the instructions, but nothing seems to work. I just gonna leave it in standby for now, at least until Im done with producing the missing elements of the remaining 3 songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

"set imported audio files to" was "On" indeed. I turned it off and as a result my mp3 went from a) left to b) right

1606883180_Screenshot2021-04-14at21_28_44.png.2462d3b542a57dd430ce825054cb5ccc.png

(see below for the original size)

_____

I followed these instructions as well:

"F to open the audio files window

Control-F to bring up the add audio file window

Look for the file and then select it

Click on add"

As a result I got this:

1086141170_Screenshot2021-04-14at21_32_05.png.7fba98784a5f8f794ac2b2fb3db7764c.png

I never thought that this impairment of importing mp3 files would strike back at the very last minute before having to deliver. I need to figuer out a way to import this mp3 file, unchanged. Here a demonstration of how it should look. On the very left.

This is not 100% accurate since the left verision is a 1/7 longer (extended) than the mp3 I want to import. Should be similarly long though.

393015582_Screenshot2021-04-14at21_35_52.png.e04a1d444c8588c0a189cee6540c8387.png

Edited by Gianni_Gon

Logic converts all compressed files like mp3 and aac to wav or aiff depending on your recording settings.

So whatever you drag over from the Audio Files window is not an mp3 anymore.

So I don't understand why you get that Logic dialog that the file doesn't exist anymore.

It's obvious it doesn't exist anymore because it got converted to PCM format.