Importing audio file in Logic

Gianni_Gon

Hi there,

a few months ago I read that if I experience troubles by importing mp3 in logic (cause the audio file is automatically sped up when I do so) then I should use CAF audio files. I have been doing so ever since, and it has been working well. And I actually believe that it still works just fine, how ever, I have this one file that I have not been able to import in Logic, it is in CAF format, and every time I try, Logic Pro freezes and doesnt respond anymore, hence having to quit force it.

I wonder how can I figuer out the problem behind this or if I should try another format (...mp3 doesnt work either)?

Cheers!

I just downloaded audacity to convert the file from 16 to 32 bits, how ever, I cannot export it in caf, which is the type of file my logic has been favouring.

So I exported it in WAV 32 bit. But logic freezes with that file.

And if I convert the wav to caf with convertio then I end up with a caf 16 bit again.

Edited by Gianni_Gon

Jap, the screenshot is the one above.

But I solved this problem now in another way.

Every time I drag in a mp3 file, for some reason the mp3 file is sped up. So I simply streched the file not minding so much about the loss of quality, since I am using this sound only for a few seconds as an ambiend background sound.

Sorry for the late answer, I had a few days off.

Yes! But I tried once to share a file and couldnt do it. And I still dont know exactly how to do that. Im gonna search for the post where you explain it and I will try it again

Make sure you follow these instructions and if that doesn't work let me know what specifically doesn't work? How to attach files to your post

Ok I created a new project and imported your mp3 file here without any issues, no speeding up.

Try this: if you're using an existing project, make sure you first save your project organized as a folder, with "Copy audio files into project" selected. Then import the mp3 file.

In any case mp3 is a distribution audio file format. For production I recommend using PCM files (Wav, Aiff, or CAF).