LPX 'stutters' – replays fragment of the tracks

Grand Wazoo

This is a new problem for me. Logic frequently (every other day) stutters the playback on tracks.

In other words, it replays the same note a while then moves onto the next note and does the same. Across all tracks. It's not possible to work with it.

I've tried the following, but nothing has worked:

• Varied the IO buffer size from min to max
  • Closed and reopened the project
  • Restarted LPX
  • Duplicated the project file and tried from that

The CPU isn't being hit, and it happened with small or largish projects (I never go over 24 tracks).

The only thing that seems to help is restarting the Mac. But this is a colossal PITA when working through the day.

Any ideas?

are you working off the internal drive, or an external? try switching that up (ie, if the project's on an external drive, copy it to the internal... and work from that copy). any difference?

if it is an external, you could also try resetting the SMC (google for your mac model), and/or running disk first aid on the drive...

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this will do it, but worth a try: verify that all your audio and sources are running at/on the same frequency rate (44.1kHz, 48kHz) Also, Logic seems to be having problems with MP3's, so make sure any imported audio files are all WAV or AIFF.

To clarify, is this happening with MIDI or audio?

Also check all your track automation and MIDI region automation to make sure there's not excessive/conflicting automation data going on.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a new problem for me. Logic frequently (every other day) stutters the playback on tracks.

In other words, it replays the same note a while then moves onto the next note and does the same. Across all tracks. It's not possible to work with it...

Make sure Auto Set Locators isn't enabled under main menu Navigate ?

In other words, it replays the same note a while then moves onto the next note and does the same. Across all tracks. It's not possible to work with it...

Make sure Auto Set Locators isn't enabled under main menu Navigate ?

Thanks, I'll have a look next time it happens. If it does set, it's not because I chose it to! LOL

• 4 months later...