HyperEdit Expression

Aftermid

Hi,

I am using Logic v10.8.4. In hyperedit, I am drawing expression lines in the region edit area. It shows it as Ch1: Expression. If I click on a note in the hyperedit piano roll, the expression changes to Ch4: Expression with no expression lines drawn. If I now go to the drop down window, I can choose Ch1: Expression and see my drawn lines again. Why is this happening every time I click on a note in the piano roll. What is the difference in the use of Channels in the midi draw. For example Ch:1 vs Ch:4 for Expression as stated in the problem above?

Thanks

Yeah,

What weird is, if I pencil in some notes. Instrument is set to Channel 1. Then I'll draw in some expression automation. Depending on what note I hit on the piano roll, it might say Ch1: expression and show my expression automation. On the other hand, for no reason, if I hit another note on the piano roll, it may show Ch4: expression and just a straight line, with no automation. Click the other note, we're back to Ch1: Expression, showing my automation lines. Can't figure why it does that? Does it mean that these different notes are accessing different expression automation from different channels? But how can that be, if the instrument is set to one channel?

Instrument isn't involved at all. Double click the note that makes it channel 4 expression and look at the event float that opens. It shows position, type (note in this case), midi channel, note pitch, velocity and length. Does it say midi channel 1 for your note ?