CANNOT RE-INDEX LOOPS FOR NEWLY ADDED DRIVE TO RE-OPEN PROJECT

WIZARDZ

I had to erase everything i am on big sur, added a new hdd full of the loops and right clicking the loop browser icon or anywhere in loops or the untagged hdd name for the loops drive all fails to display an option to re-index the loops in untagged loops or in the general apple loops tab the same thing i must re-index them all to get them to be detected as I am not planning on manually one sound by one sound sifting through 10's of thousands of sounds to locate them by hand please help me, my projects are unusable until the loops are found on this new usb hdd with them on?

UPDATE: Found it sorry it's hidden away in descriptors go to the bottom of the list and choose re-index, but the main issue now is choosing locate doesn't find all the sounds for the song it still wants manual interaction from a confusing list how can i auto locate and put everything in place?

I have a rough idea why half the projects sounds are not present as a named region, and that is somehow i had accidentally infused the one external hard drives loop collection into the logic loop browser they became proper apple loops before wiping the os, and for quite a while I continued building songs using the loops in the loop browser like normal apple loops that way, so it may be that I have all sounds split between the two loop hdd's I have now instead of half built into logic's loop browser I'd like to understand how to shift them out of untagged into the main loop browser again that would probably fix it all i suspect any ideas how please? Or there are two nuclear options, option 1 erase the original drive maybe loose some important stuff although i suspect all the content is migrated, and just copy all sample loops off the hdd's to that 1tb drive which they all will fit on as currently using 2 smaller driver eg.60gb and an 80gb. Or option 2 try to add the the sounds from each drive by hand searching missing sounds and rebuilding them into the songs one by one with the same adjustments fades etc, but the likelihood is that isn't going to work as I can only utilise one single hdd at a time and when one drive is connected and the other isn't it won't be able to access the missing content ever?

1344709833_Screenshot2021-04-11at05_26_30.thumb.png.e7a7f7cc84127a0e90ba4f41d6d6ac32.png

1446061818_Screenshot2021-04-11at05_28_12.thumb.png.067b3b609624d4e0f58c4f535cd1128c.png

How is the new drive formatted? Looks like it may be a Windows format that Logic cannot read.
The drive is exfat to work on both apple and windows all it is is that logic won't locate the sounds in the external drive and they must be there because some of the missing names to locate I can absolutely agree are on that drive 100% others might not be but either way it locates 0 of what it should When you run a search for file names in particular, it comes up with no results searching within the usb hdd but you know for a fact the sample file is existent on that drive with that name and it's just logic won't search it out for some reason. What I am trying now is to re-install test disk and scanning the previous loop drive to try and recover a partition and see if that does put the drive back as was if not I am stuck.

Indeed all drives used with Logi need to be formatted APFS or MacOS Extended.
Ok thanks so I should erase the loops drive and rebuild it what format type please? A mac os extended journaled or whatever it is is no longer an option in mac os big sur they renamed them all to some other partition label APFS is it I dont know? Don't bother with the disk utility since upgrading I am assuming it won't make a difference but I can try it on whatever you suggest it needs to be.

Make the new drive either AFPS or macOS Extended.

Is it a spinning drive? Choose extended.

Is it an SSD drive? Choose APFS.

Ok got you, I don't see it making a difference in re-aquiring sounds from the loop packs and applying them into a project though? If it doesn't what is the next step to try please any ideas? I tried test disk to recover the old partitions but they are not allowed if hfs or mac partitions in the windows version, and the drive does not show in windows unless it is connected over sata instead of usb the mac and windows do not display it as a useable drive on usb basically even though it spins and runs the drive is fine so are the usb caddies two different ones as used another drive that has other loops on and that connects just fine,weird?

I have been able to find sounds on the drive but logic will not automatically search and find them yet manually typing in the sound name finds them adding audio files manually, the problem there is I have hand played parts in some tracks using say alchemy and those are missing and so are ultrabeat creations to so I have the ability to rebuild most of the track by hand but no way can i recollect nor can I re-enact the hand played or ultrabeat parts of a track?

I have been able to find sounds on the drive but logic will not automatically search and find them yet manually typing in the sound name finds them adding audio files manually, the problem there is I have hand played parts in some tracks using say alchemy and those are missing and so are ultrabeat creations to

Likely because they're also using samples that Logic can't find on its own, because the drive is ExFAT-formatted.

so I have the ability to rebuild most of the track by hand but no way can i recollect nor can I re-enact the hand played or ultrabeat parts of a track?

Once you restore the drive structure to the way Logic expects and understands how to read it, that should come back. What you recorded is part of the project file itself, not the samples it references to generate the sounds.

I have been able to find sounds on the drive but logic will not automatically search and find them yet manually typing in the sound name finds them adding audio files manually, the problem there is I have hand played parts in some tracks using say alchemy and those are missing and so are ultrabeat creations to

Likely because they're also using samples that Logic can't find on its own, because the drive is ExFAT-formatted.

so I have the ability to rebuild most of the track by hand but no way can i recollect nor can I re-enact the hand played or ultrabeat parts of a track?

Once you restore the drive structure to the way Logic expects and understands how to read it, that should come back. What you recorded is part of the project file itself, not the samples it references to generate the sounds.

The drive is now formatted to the mac os extended journaled format type, the samples do not load into the projects still by them selves? And searching within logic does not find them using locate yet they exist and can be obtained by searching in finder, I need logic to do this so I don't have to also the parts hand crafted in alchemy synths and ultrabeat are also missing.