select all following requires backtracking?

rvosa

Hi,

new to the board, first question, please be gentle.

I keep running into a weird issue where I don't quite understand how Logic sees the world. I want to select all the following events after the playhead. This is a menu option and also a shortcut (shift+F). However, this doesn't seem to select the immediately following but only stuff that is a little more downstream. Or, conversely, if I am at a specific point in my edit and I want to select everything precisely after that I first have to backtrack with the playhead a little bit (a few seconds) and then do shift+F.

This is obviously a nuisance when I'm doing zoomed-in edits. I first have to zoom out, move the playhead back, then select all following, zoom back in and then do what I was going to do with the selection (which is usually dragging it back a bit because I removed an "ummm" from a speech fragment).

Am I doing something wrong? Is this behavior configurable? Is it a bug?

Thanks!

BTW this is Logic Pro X 10.4.1

Hey man,

thanks for chiming in. What I mean is shown in the attached screenshot. I had the play head where it is shown, had nothing selected, then hit shift+F. How come the fragment underlined in pink is not selected? I can kinda see why the green underlined ones wouldn't be (although you could argue semantics about what "following" means), but it's just not obvious why the pink one doesn't get selected/highlighted. What am I misunderstanding? Thanks!

M8YoNhq.png

That's a feature that I've never used. My guess is that it's at 1 1 1 1 :)

(How would I find out?)

BTW the plot thickens a little bit in that, having first selected a fragment, hitting shift+F then acts as I would expect by selecting everything that follows it. So important to point out: this unintuitive behavior is with nothing selected.