Studio Headphones ???

Pianoworldstage

Hi

Very happy to announce after selling off the Sony MDR 7506 headphones and replacing them for the sennheiser 280 Pro monitor headphones (new model) it's now a joy to play record and produce on the Piano. The relatively flat frequency response provides an overall better experience in not being too bass light or too high in the upper register as was experienced when using the 7506s.

There is no harshness to these Cans at all, how could i of used commercial headphones for so long.. switching back to a commercial headset from the 280 Pros now is a no brainer, being able to hear all the nuances and sonic character of the Piano using a pro monitor headset is now providing to be a great benefit in production.

Why did you go for those, out of interest? I wouldn't have thought closed-back headphones would be the best choice.

There specifically for recording, alongside needing to hear every detail of the performance, hence isolation is a must for the best production possible. I also find with closed back i can't hear the keys when playing, it's like sitting back and playing a CD of solo piano with absolutely no distraction at all, which is very comforting.