48 khz and 88.2 or 96 Khz in the same project

jimdilian

Even if you are convinced that 96k is better than 48k, I strongly doubt that sampler rate is anywhere close to being the weak link in your audio production chain. The only reason for DAW and audio interface manufacturers to spend time designing software and hardware that support sample rates higher than 48kHz is to cater to the general public who has been tricked into thinking that higher is better. Meanwhile, most professionals continue to produce 98% of the commercially distributed music we consume at 44.1k or 48k.

96k is perfect.. to me.. even if you don't hear it.. you can defiTly hear it ¡ HAHA.. really the only times i record my voice.. and put play.. and hear the same.. is at 88.2 or 96 .. 48 not enough .. but yea WHY ?.. mix 2 sample rates.. well.. for the vocals.. specially.. and to save CPU.. je.. I hear another DAW that could do that.. and I though why not logic?.. if it is possible why not?.. nothing like 88.2 or 96 khz.. at 24 bits sounds.,.. like reality ..

and besides.. after 20 years using computers we should be all now at.. 96 khz as the Standard.. in 2021.. but we still use.. 48.. very slow progress in audio.. many cores etc.. but the same tech.. as 25 years ago... no break through in that regard.. latency etc.. buffer.. etc..QUALITY¡

and besides.. after 20 years using computers we should be all now at.. 96 khz as the Standard.. in 2021.. but we still use.. 48.. very slow progress in audio.. many cores etc.. but the same tech.. as 25 years ago... no break through in that regard.. latency etc.. buffer.. etc..QUALITY¡

Moore's Law has nothing to do with the hearing abilities of humans, as it seems you're saying.