Logic's I/O plugin for outboard - no sound

bencollier
Go to solution Solved by bencollier,

Hi,

I've had a couple of pieces of outboard routed as inserts on my mix bus using the I/O plugin that I used a couple of years ago.

With nothing physically changed or rewired, I recently tried these again and when I select one of the presets I made with the correct Ins/Outs all sound cuts out. The weird thing is when I physically switch the outboard into bypass on the front panels, the audio then returns to mix bus as if the wiring is wrong. Switch the outboard back out of Bypass and levels vanish in both Logic and UA's Apollo Console software.

I initially thought something was up with the outboard but having just hooked up a 500 series compressor to the same ins and out on the back of my Apollo the results are the same; sound and level only when the unit is bypassed.

Has something changed in Logic (10.5.1) for this to occur, or more likely, am I doing something stupid?

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I got the exact same issue and pluging everything out and in didnt help...
Does anyone know a solution for the Problem?

I have a Apollo Twin MkII and I want to route my Audio Signal out of Logic Pro X on channels 3&4 and back in on another Audio track at channels 1&2. If I bypass the outboard gear, on the compressor the GR needle reacts but when I activate the compressor there is no Sound and the needle stops moving....
I'm running on Logic 10.8

I hope someone can help me.

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

So then it sounds like your routing is ok but your outboard gear does not produce any audio when it's not bypassed? 

Exactly! For example my Tegeler Audio Creme, when bypassed the GR needle works, I can change all of the parameters and the Amount of GR changes like it should. But the moment I unbypass it, the needle stops moving and no audio is heard.

3 minutes ago, Copilotoo said:

But how can it be that it happens on every of my gear? Not only the Creme.

Yes that's weird. What if you patch the Out 3-4 straight into the In 1-2 do you get the expected behavior out of Logic? Can you re-record the signal from one track to another that way? Can you share a screenshot of your Mixer when you're testing this? 

Just now, David Nahmani said:

Yes that's weird. What if you patch the Out 3-4 straight into the In 1-2 do you get the expected behavior out of Logic? Can you re-record the signal from one track to another that way? Can you share a screenshot of your Mixer when you're testing this? 

I will test it tonight, when I’m back at my Studio and give you feedback! 🙂

Thanks for your help so far!

• Like 1

I solved it......
It was the routing....
My cables are a bit messy behind my desk and when I checked everything I saw that the I/O Cables between the Audiointerface and my Patchbay were routed the wrong way.

The sad part is, that I checked everything twice when I wired it and didn't notice it xD

Thanks again for your help!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1