Latency after recording

apaclin2

There is a big latency after I record audio (it is shifted in time), low latency mode helps to avoid it, but I can't remember to turn it on and off for recording and playback every time. I/O also can't be low — a lot of stuff in this project.

Any salvations? Ideally if low latency mode would turn on automatically while recording.

Low latency mode is expressly for monitoring—doesn't affect the results

of the recording. When you say I/O can't be low, are you referring to your buffer? That's likely where your answer is.

Yeah, it does, try recording in a heavy session ;)

Gotta solve a riddle to find the answer? :D

No no, my point is that Low Latency Mode does not do anything to the recording signal flow. It simply bypasses plug-ins that introduce latency so the input can be monitored more directly, but what you’re hearing is monitoring, not the recorded file.

If Low Latency Mode fixes the issue for you, then decreasing the buffer is your solution. To free up resources to that end, you can bypass effects, or freeze or bounce tracks in place, or even deactivate them, depending on what you have going in your project.