Controller Assignments Multiplying /:

ELM

Hello,

I recently made a couple controller assignments and, when I opened up the assignment list a few days later, I noticed a dozen or so duplicates. So I deleted them. Next time I looked at the list they had duplicated again and the zone they were in had also duplicated several times. Hoping it would just stop being an issue, I just deleted them again (except the zones, I'm not sure how to delete those). Now I opened up the assignment list again today and there's at least a hundred zones, each one with dozens of duplicates of the original two assignments I made.

I don't know what the deal is. It's not like I'm sitting here pressing Command-L all day.

Any idea what's going on? And is there a way to delete zones? Simply hitting the delete key doesn't work like it does with the controller assignments themselves.

Thanks for your reply. I just checked, and no, Learn isn't turned on.

Looking in the manual, I saw in the controller assignments are stored in Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

So I'm thinking I could delete that and start fresh. Deleting it shouldn't affect anything else though right?

Thanks for your reply. I just checked, and no, Learn isn't turned on.

Short of some catastrophic bug (which I haven't ever seen), there's basically only two ways assignments can be added to the controller assignments window:

1) When you install a control surface, eg a Mackie Control, which automatically creates all the necessary assignments for it to work

2) When you enter Learn mode, and learn assignments (whether intentionally, or accidentally).

So likely one of those two thing is the cause of this, but yes, trash your CS prefs and see if the behaviour resumes and we can troubleshoot if necessary...