VDrums MIDI

ScottB601

All of my MIDI instruments play each other, and play any instrument I have on any track in LPX (10.4.4) except my Roland TDW-20 VDrums. I've managed to get it narrowed down to a problem that exists between my MOTU MIDIExpress 128 interface and my iMac/LPX. I did a factory reset of the VDrums. The VDrums have local control turned off, clock source set to external, and I see the active sensing signal in the interface. The active sensing signal flutters/activates when I strike a pad, as it should. MIDI is getting to the interface. All cables checked and verified. I instantiate a software instrument track with Drum Kit Designer on it, and all of my MIDI keyboards will play those drums. I have the correct/updated driver for the VDrums. I've chosen the V-Drum input mapping from the drop down within DKD. The VDrums show up in MIDI Preferences > Inputs and the box is checked. The MME128 works with the other MIDI devices it has connected to it.

No MIDI gets into LPX from the VDrums.

Does anybody have any ideas what the devil is wrong here? I've racked my brain for two days and can't figure it out. Most of the posts found on the WWW are about Audio, not MIDI.

Any ideas?