Saving Custom Producer Drum Kits

johnnyconatus

I understand how to save a preset and a channel strip setting, but how does one reuse a producer kit with customized child tracks (ex. new fxs, panning) as well as tweaks inside the drum designer? Can this be done with one saved setting/preset?

In the attached screenshot of project B, I can see the saved channel setting from Project A but I had to import the tracks to get into Project B. And then I still had to fix the buses.

1566471027_ScreenShot2021-04-15at12_24_52PM.thumb.png.2c86b73376c9ab6ec32279b7486bd3fa.png

Try the following:

• Open the mixer pane (US default kc: X)
  • In the mixer, (if not already showing) reveal the channelstrips contained in your drums master channelstrip stack, using the small triangle arrow at the bottom of that master channelstrip (in your case the OMC... one).
  • Select the 1st channelstrip following that OMC master channelstrip (in your case, it should be the one named Overhead). That channelstrip's Input slot should appears as Drum Kit.
  • Now in the Inspector's channelstrip (between the library and the tracks) ensure that the little library indicator triangle arrow is pointing at the Overhead slot. You will notice that the library is now displaying the Drum Kits library (instead of the Drummer's one).
  • At the very bottom of the library click on the Save... button.
  • If you have already created a custom percussion location folder, navigate to that desired location, type a desired significant name for that percussion patche and click on the blue Save button (of the finder window) to complete the operation.

If you add Auxes (via Busses), make sure that those have their outputs set to the master channelstrip's input; in order to have them included in the newly saved patch.

And in such case, select the master channelstrip's Setting slot as the target patch to be saved instead of the Overhead Drum Kit one. (In your posted example: Neo Soul +),