Can I delete these assignments?

Danny Wyatt

if you haven't crated these assignments, something ele has - most likely some MIDI controller or other you've used at some point. If you don't want them, and don't require them for a controller, you can delete them (the controller won't work without them, obviously).

If you're not sure, as always, you can back up your CS prefs, then delete them, so you can always restore them should you realise something's not working right that you forgot about...

Remember, controller assignments are simply a mapping of incoming MIDI messages to trigger certain Logic functions. You don't require any particular MIDI controller for Logic to "work", only for the controller to "work" to control Logic, should you want to do that with it.

if you haven't crated these assignments, something ele has - most likely some MIDI controller or other you've used at some point. If you don't want them, and don't require them for a controller, you can delete them (the controller won't work without them, obviously).

If you're not sure, as always, you can back up your CS prefs, then delete them, so you can always restore them should you realise something's not working right that you forgot about...

Remember, controller assignments are simply a mapping of incoming MIDI messages to trigger certain Logic functions. You don't require any particular MIDI controller for Logic to "work", only for the controller to "work" to control Logic, should you want to do that with it.

Yeah I don’t remember installing anything that would create these, but...

I was asking this because there are so many options that sound like something Logic would use such as Play, Stop, etc...

I will try backing that file up, and delete it as you said. See what happens. Thanks for replying

Hmm, it sounds like you're not really clear on what controller assignments are - they are simply mappings for external MIDI devices to tell Logic to do things. Just like Logic won't stop working if you don't have a MIDI keyboard, Logic won't stop working if you have no controller assignments.

Hmm, it sounds like you're not really clear on what controller assignments are - they are simply mappings for external MIDI devices to tell Logic to do things. Just like Logic won't stop working if you don't have a MIDI keyboard, Logic won't stop working if you have no controller assignments.

“Hmmm”

I’m very clear about the concept of controller assignments. Been using Logic since 2007 and been making music since 1991.

It was just a question, because it looked like something I haven’t seen before and I don’t recall installing anything that would add that ;)

Thanks anyway

If you choose Logic Pro > Control Surfaces > Setup, do you see any kind of device icon in the pane? If you do, select the device and press delete on your keyboard to remove it.

Thanks David. Yes, I see what it is now. It’s from Logic Remote.

What’s weird is that it shows 3 copies of it... gonna delete those for now

Appreciate it :)

It’s from Logic Remote.

That's your external Logic controller then - if you delete these assignments, then those functions will no longer work from Logic Remote. If you no longer use Logic Remote, then no problem.

If you do, then you'll probably need to remove it from the control surfaces setup window, and then the next time you use it, it will re-add those necessary assignments back to Logic. I'd just leave them for when I use Logic Remote, unless you really don't want them...

BTW No need to take offence (it sounds you like did a bit), I'm simply responding to what you were saying - you seemed worried that Logic would break if you removed controller assignments. I was illustrating what they are, and why removing them won't break Logic, so you're more confident about what's happening. I have no idea of what you do or do not know behind the screen, I'm simply responding to what's in the post - if it's not applicable, I misjudge, or my responses are not welcome, then just ignore them.