Click track disappears

danson6
Go to solution Solved by fuzzfilth,

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a weird bug in a Logic project - the click track seemed to disappear from my Mixer window and is nowhere to be found on the "All" tab. Sometimes when I open the project the click track plays, but sometimes it's not audible either (pressing K or clicking the button doesn't sound any different). Metronome output is set to 1-2 in Project Settings... thoughts anybody?

Thanks!

Daniel

• Solution

That's a bug that crept up after Logic 10.4.5 changed its max instrurments from 256 to 1000. At the same time they changed the automatic numbering of the click instrument, which is driven by the metronome, from 256 to (number of instruments *you* created)+1. This is fine with new Projects, but an old Project's metronome will get confused if instrument #256 is not what it expected.

There is no proven method to remedy this, 'Import click instrument from other Project with same number of instruments' or 'Add 255 idle instruments so click will be #256' or 'Import everything into a new Project' don't work reliably or at all.

It appears to be fixed in 10.5 and up, where they changed the auto assignment of the click instrument back to #256, for now obvious reasons...

What you can do if you need to continue using this very project in Logic 10.4.5 - 10.4.8:

- Create a new instrument track

- Load Logic>Utility>Klopfgeist

- Set its Tonality to 0.01

- Open two Environment windows and set one to Layer 'Click+Ports', the other to Layer 'Mixer'

- Scroll each window so you can see Click+Ports>MIDI Click and Mixer>Your new Instrument with Klopfgeist

- Drag a Cable from MIDI Click to Your new Instrument with Klopfgeist

- Open Project Settings>Metronome

- Duplicate the settings from the Audio Click to the MIDI Click

- Disable the Audio Click

...It appears to be fixed in 10.5 and up, where they changed the auto assignment of the click instrument back to #256, for now obvious reasons...

Sorry to be a pita, fuzz, but that doesn't happen here ? Opening a factory "Empty Project", Click is on inst1 when selecting audio track in the new tracks dialog, inst2 when selecting a SI track...

danielsonabend,

there two other threads where we are discussing this metronome issue as well as the "track chaos" issue.

David's tip was to not use a Logic Template from an earlier Logic version.

I updated my template and the metronome issue seems to be fixed.

Try using a fresh template using the newest Logic version and let us know whether that solves the issue.

• 2 weeks later...