Huge sections of projects missing

ericsutherland

Hello!

Whilst going through backups of old projects, I noticed something absolutely bizarre: some projects (although not obviously corrupted) are missing HUGE chunks of data. MIDI regions, alternatives, autosaves, etc... However, all the surrounding data like folder structure, movie content, final bounced files, etc. are in place. But when I open up the project, I only see 0 alternatives (first project only), a limited amount of autosaves, and most MIDI regions all gone.

Some audio files seem to load. Custom markers are all in place. Movie file loads. And yet I know for certain that a ton of work was done on these projects, yet none of that work is shown in the arrange window, nor any other window.

Every saved version of the project comes up with few or no MIDI regions in the arrange window.

It's as if in each saved version of the project, I'm looking at a very early version of the project, like the beginning stages, but everything from that point in the project is missing. Yet the final product (bounced audio file) exists and is sitting happily next to the project in my hard drive.

Inside the project package, there are no autosaves or additional alternatives (possibly there were no alternatives made,) and the last saved version of the project does seem to correspond to the date, but not the time, of the final bounced audio file.

I have identified at least two projects that have this issue.

Some things that have/may have happened:

- May have updated Logic to a newer version (not sure, but I don't think so...)

- Have definitely migrated the projects to/from different backup drives

- Have updated to the newest Mac OS (projects were made under High Sierra or so, and now I'm running on a Catalina machine.)

Can anyone help identify/solve issues like this?