A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

El Versus
Topic Author

Logic pro x patches do not load aux channels

Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi guys.
You would like to know why when I save my own patches in Logic Pro X (instruments + effects + sends) when I open them again they do not load the auxiliary channels. What could you be doing wrong there? Take into account that the patches that we find in the library do load the auxiliary channels.

I hope someone helps me. Thanks.

lookatthisguy

Re: Logic pro x patches do not load aux channels

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:33 am

What does load? When you save a patch, you need to make sure the blue triangle/arrow (which is a very important part of the whole thing, but for some reason Apple hasn't given a proper name to) on the left of the channel strip is highlighting the top level Setting insert, and you need to use the Save… button in the Library, not any of the save options from the Setting insert's contextual menu.
[ 2019 16” MBP: 2.3 GHz 8-Core, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB; OS X.15.7; LP X.5.1.
Early-'08 Mac Pro (3,1): 2.8 GHz 8-Core, 16 GB RAM; OS 10.11.6; Logic X.3.3. ]

—Andrew

Mania

Re: Logic pro x patches do not load aux channels  Topic is solved

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:05 pm

I had this problem a few years ago and David helped me out. Put the buses with the tracks in a track stack so right click in the mixer on the bus and create a track and then in the arrange view, make a track stack out of the original track and the bus together. Then save that as a setting.
Jim

MacBook Air M1 16 GB RAM. latest Logic and macOS version.
Focusrite 2i2.

Recorded/mastered in Logic with only Logic native plugs: https://youtu.be/s6UOXRPEoB4

El Versus
Topic Author

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:26 am

lookatthisguy wrote:
What does load? When you save a patch, you need to make sure the blue triangle/arrow (which is a very important part of the whole thing, but for some reason Apple hasn't given a proper name to) on the left of the channel strip is highlighting the top level Setting insert, and you need to use the Save… button in the Library, not any of the save options from the Setting insert's contextual menu.

Thanks Bro

El Versus
Topic Author

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:27 am

Mania wrote:
I had this problem a few years ago and David helped me out. Put the buses with the tracks in a track stack so right click in the mixer on the bus and create a track and then in the arrange view, make a track stack out of the original track and the bus together. Then save that as a setting.

It worked bro. Thank you

Mania

Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:59 am

You’re welcome
Jim

MacBook Air M1 16 GB RAM. latest Logic and macOS version.
Focusrite 2i2.

Recorded/mastered in Logic with only Logic native plugs: https://youtu.be/s6UOXRPEoB4