no MIDI output

andyr

Hi all. I have three software instrument parts recorded in a project that played fine a few days ago. Now only the audio tracks on the project are audible.

If I play a note on my MIDI controller I see from the display in the Control bar that I have MIDI input.

When I record a new software instrument it works - I hear it during recording and playback.

When I look in the settings for the new part in the Inspector I notice the MIDI channel is set for All, and there are more parameters shown than on the tracks that aren't playing properly.

On the tracks that aren't playing the MIDI channel is set to 14 and greyed out.

I looked in mixer view, clicked "all," and didn't see any channels muted, soloed, or anything else unusual.

I've shut down and restarted the computer a couple of times.

I checked the connections on my controller and USB hub, and I've tried different inputs on the hub. Is it possible I have a bad cable? It is old.

Advanced Tools are selected. I tried to reset the MIDI drivers. The button flashes once but nothing changes.

Any other MIDI troubleshooting suggestions? I've used up my somewhat limited bag of tricks.

Thanks,

Andy

FYI, I copied my performances onto new audio instrument tracks and they play perfectly now, though of course I had to choose the instruments I wanted again, rather than use Classic Electric Piano. One was a Drum Designer preset, and the other two were a Garageband instrument. I deleted the old tracks, then it occurred to me that I should have taken a closer look to see if I could identify what was different in the settings from the new tracks. If it happens again I will repeat the process and compare. But for now, I'm up and running again!