Roland UM-oneMK2 and SL 161 keyboard and Duet

eileengogan

Hello, I recently bought a Roland UM-oneMK2 so I could use my old SL 161 Keyboard. I have managed to get the Midi on the Mac Utilities to recognise it, I have it linked to the Duet in the Midi set up screen (after downloading drivers from Roland) but no signal happens when I create a software instrument track in Logic. The lights on the UM light up when I press the keys but Logic doesn't respond and I can't find the Um in the Logic Midi preferences.

Set up:

iMac (21.5-inch, 2017), 2.3 GHZ intel COre I5

Ram 16gig

OS High Sierra 10.13.5

SL 161 semi weighted midi keyboard

Apogee Duet

Thanks in advance

If you plug the UM in the Duet, you have to put the little switch on Tablet mode as the Duet recognize only core midi devices. If you installed the drivers you have to plug it directly in the computer. And plugged in the Duet i think what you’ll have to use is the Duet Midi as the midi device and not the UM...

If you plug the UM in the Duet, you have to put the little switch on Tablet mode as the Duet recognize only core midi devices. If you installed the drivers you have to plug it directly in the computer. And plugged in the Duet i think what you’ll have to use is the Duet Midi as the midi device and not the UM...

This worked thank you so much!!