Midi input from Midi Control doesn't produce any sound

sinateta

Hi Everyone

I have a strange situation, I open a project of mine, and I see on my Midi Tracks when I press a key on Midi Keyboard ( or logic keyboard) no sound will be produced, But when I draw the midi note with pencil it produces the sound. I can see the midi activity when using midi controller but no sound. It is only on this project btw, if I create a new project it is fine. Im curious what could cause it ? any idea ?

any software instrument, all the same, if you load any software instrument lets say a Synth or Piano, it only produce sound by penceling the note, midi input from midi keyboard doesn't , They are on ALL channel, but changing them to channel 1 doesn't make any difference . There should be some setting only for this project as new project works fine. Im trying to see what would cause a midi input go through to a channel loaded with software instument but no sound produced unless you draw the notes.

If you have MIDI activity in the main display when you play the keyboard, then events are coming in, and *should* be playing your software instruments.

Perhaps you're MIDI input cable has gone missing - try opening the Environment window, going to the "Click & Ports" later, and seeing whether there is a virtual cable coming from the MIDI input object, going to the Sequencer In object. If there isn't, then connect up one.

If it looks fine but still isn't working, perhaps you could upload a copy of your project with all the data/audio stripped out and we can have a look at it to see whether we can spot the problem...

No problem. Normally, when you select a MIDI track, it automatically gets record-enabled and ready for playback.

This is not happening in your project, for some reason that escapes me for now. In your project, you can select a MIDI track, and it doesn't record-enable it, so you have to do it manually.

I can't remember offhand a setting that influences this behaviour, maybe someone else has some ideas that I'm missing right now...