comp folder Group bug

danyg

usually I group tracks (editing locked) before I record multiple mics. sometimes I forget though...

1. I record 3 mics on 3 audio tracks

2. I comp audio 1 and notice that they are not grouped.. my bad...

3. I create a group on the main track where the comping has been done (quantise locked)

4. I put the 2 other tracks in that group and no matter what I do the comping of audio 1 is not applied to audio 2 and 3

PS: audio is master Q and when I swipe track 2 ... track 3 follows.... but when I swipe track 1 nothing follows on 2 and 3

I hope someone gets my example and has a workaround :-)

PS: the scissor tool works on all three tracks as supposed and I can also move the start end endpoint of all 3 audio tracks but not comp swipe

For editing to work on grouped tracks, all regions on all tracks inside the group need to have exactly the same start/end positions. If a region's edge is off compared to regions on other tracks, then it's anyone's guess whether or not Logic will determine that selecting that region should select other regions that do not start/end at exactly the same positions on other tracks.

Perhaps that's what you're experiencing? You could try using the Marquee tool to recut the regions on all track so they all start/end precisely at the same locations and see if that helps?

thank you, that was my guess too and I used the scissor tool to cut the 3 folders to the same lenght - it didn't work though- becuase I had only 2 "slave" tracks I adjusted hem manually for now but Logic is detecting something/somewhere that prevents it from making a correct "locked" group

When all else fails I've resorted to setting the output of each track to an available bus, create a new series of audio tracks with their inputs set to all those new busses, group them first, then record the output of the previous tracks as audio onto the new grouped tracks, simultaneously. Then that resolves all issues in my experience.

ok, good idea for 25 drum tracks :-)

Yeah just set up 25 busses so that you do all of them in one go! Bit of a setup but then you should be up and running. :)

P.S.: If you select multiple channel strips in the Mixer, hold down Option as you choose a bus from the Output slot and they will be routed to incremental busses. When you create the 25 new tracks, in the new track dialog there's an "ascending" checkbox as well for that purpose.