Aggregate Devices do not show up as Outputs

pancakeroni
Go to solution Solved by pancakeroni,

So I'm Pretty sure you guys are aware especially since the lockdown how important it has been for musicians and audio people in general to be able to route Clean signal out of our system. I'm sure everybody has heard of BlackHole (helps in routing to various sources)

So Generally, when you add an aggregate device in your Audio Midi Setup it shows up as a device in your Sound Preferences. I've previously dealt with blackhole where I would switch to the aggregate device I have created and I select it and All my audio gets routed the way I Want it to.

Now, THE ISSUE: the f$@%ing aggregate device stopped showing up???? for whatever reason. I restarted my computer and also reset the PRAM, nothing seems to work. I also reinstalled Blackhole and tries to start over again but it didn't help at all. All of a sudden the aggregate device just disappeared from my Sound Preferences.

THE CONTEXT: Previously, it was working just fine. I was testing it out on Zoom to see if the audio is going out properly. Then I attempted to share my screen and sound which resulted in creation of the obvious "ZOOM AUDIO DEVICE" which caused the AGGREGATE DEVICE I had created to disappear. Obviously I Rebooted my computer and also selected the newly created zoom audio device in my aggregate device, but basically, ever since then, ANY AGGREGATE DEVICE I CREATE, doesn't show up on my MAC, like AT ALL. I have provided an example below for reference. IF any of you guys have the solution to this, pleaseeeeee let me know