Default naming convention for audio files?

Hei Hei

The best workflow is:

1. Save your project before recording audio in it. I recommend saving it organized as a folder, copying audio files into the project folder.

2. Name your track before recording audio on it.

If you do only #1 then the audio file has the name of your project, if you do both #1 and #2 then the audio file has the name of the track.

Thanks David. This is standard practice for me. The issue is that tracks and projects are already named and saved, yet Logic is still not naming recorded audio files by their track names. The result is I get a whole slew of files named "audio recording #1,2,3..." in my audio files folders. Just wondering if theres a preference to change this default that I'm unaware of.

Logic is still not naming recorded audio files by their track names. The result is I get a whole slew of files named "audio recording #1,2,3..." in my audio files folders.

Can you share some screenshots showing this issue? For example of a screenshot of your main window ready record, and the screenshot of the resulting filename?

The track was R-enabled and I record using the record button on the transport or by pressing * on the number pad as usual. Just took it off R-enabled for the screen shot. The audio file names don't show up as i am recording, only after recording has been stopped.

I've done this multiple times and rendered the same result. Here's another dummy test I just created following your suggested steps. Included in this screenshot is a finder window showing the session folder containing the newly recorded audio track.

487226831_ScreenShot2021-04-22at1_13_55AM.thumb.png.7b70a7fb6fa61d547585a36eb033093a.png

Interesting! Thanks for digging deeper. My writing partner uses 10.4.6 as well and seem to have no issues with this. I also recall this not being a problem before I updated my computer/OS. I'm currently on Catalina 10.15.7. Don't imagine it being specific to OS but I wonder...