Imported files caused midi sounds to vanish - any suggestions?

Midi-Producer

Hey guys,

So I imported a percussion track and selected the first option - 'Use the selected and following tracks even if the track object types do not match' as i had already imported similar percussion files before - missed out one piece.

However once i did that all the sounds apart from vocals and percussion messed up, the kicks now sound like piano sounds etc. Unfortunately i was looking at another part of the file - the percussion and saved the file already - can't revert.

Is there anyway i can undo the mess or do i have to just import all the sounds and midis again from scratch :(

Thanks in advance

no back up im afraid.

So had some percussion done, the guy sent it ina. logic file, i simply copied and pasted it over.

I did this with the main track but some of the intro bits i missed. When I copied that over, i selected the first option and it just changed everything.

It is normally fine, unless this was a different message and i just assumed it was the same pop-up box appearing.

I can manually go in each file and select the plug-in again i guess - there are some that i have no clue as the names are just instrument 1,2,3 etc. But just was hoping there was a way I could revert it / change it back so i wouldn't need to manually do it

Yes lesson definitely learned. Will not be doing that in the future lol.

I think im going to probably take a few weeks break before i start working on that particular track again. Luckily i did bounce the track before so i kind of have a rough idea of the types of sounds i used but it's going to be a pain putting the pieces back together.

Thanks for replying though