Importing track summing stacks

gurner

Hi,

I've had the services of a session drummer in Nashville, who will be sending over multi-tracks Wav's of his performance.

Could I open a new project to organise these, then make a 'Summing Stack' and import it into the main song 'Mixdown'

project ?

Tnx!

Pete

There's a lot going on in the main project - I'd feel less confused if I just had to sort the drums, with a mixdown bounced to work to, then only import what I know I want - I've not done this before, my big problem as I'm in my 66th year is eye-strain ;-)

Ok that makes sense. Then yes, start a new project, drag and drop all your drum files, edit them or organize them as you wish, create your track stack etc, then save and close that "Drum Edit" project.

Open your final project, choose File > Import > Logic Projects and select the first "Drum Edit" project: all the tracks from "Drum Edit" appear in the All Files browser. Select the ones you want and import them into the current project.