Audio is recorded earlier than the midi note is played

Pirre

Hey there.

I try to describe you my situation as good as I can.

I have a MacBook Pro M1, Arturia PolyBrute synth and a RME Fireface UC as audio interface.

I try to record the audio output of my synth in Logic Pro X.

To do this, I have two ways:

1) by using the "PolyBrute Connect" plugin (https://www.arturia.com/faq/polybrute/polybrute-pb-connect-overview) in a software instrument track.

2) by using the "External Instrument" plugin of Logic in a software instrument track.

In both cases I record the audio via "Input 1-2".

So far so good.

Now, it becomes strange.

If I using the PolyBrute plugin, the audio is recorded earlier than the midi note is played.

(If I am using the "External Instrument" plugin, everything is fine):

Latency-issue-Poly-Brute-Connect.png

I've tried almost everything:

- I have reseted all my settings, for the case I've edited something wired.

- I have tried to change the plugin latency delay settings.

Nothing worked.

(If I change the recording delay, it will also effect the already correct "External Instrument" recording. So I don't think, that is the right way...

And: I've did the ping test with the I/O plugin. The result was just 1 sample)...

Do you have any suggestions or experience with this case??

I am desperate! :(

P.S.:

Here are my settings:

Einstellungen-2021-04-22-20-30-57.png

Einstellungen-2021-04-22-20-31-07.png

P.P.S.: I've wrote with the support of Arturia. They said, that they haven't seen any case like that yet.. And, they tried to rebuilt it on their side, but everything worked just fine. No latency.

P.P.P.S.: I even tried another audio interface, the BigKnob Studio+, but this did not change anything...

That's a good idea, but the problem I am facing isn't with the external instrument plugin, but with the polybrute connect one.

One idea I just have: I have connected the audio interface 'RME Fireface UC' not directly to my MacBook, but via a 'i-tec Thunderbolt 3 Dock'.

Maybe that's the problem?

Maybe it is better to connect notebook and audio interface directly with each other, or doesn't it matter??

That could be, in deed.. How can I measure/determine the latency of that plugin? I only know how to do it (with mousse over) with audio fx plugins.

Another strange thing: As I wrote above, I wrote with the support of Arturia and they did the same setup on their side and everything worked as it should...

That's why I came up with the idea, that the problem is maybe a physical one, maybe the docking station (where the audio interface is docked in) creates some weird latency..

On Monday I will get an Apple Adapter and can connect the audio interface directly to my Mac.. I am excited if it helps.

But, back to your issue.. How can I measure the latency of the plugin? :)

• 7 months later...

I have the same issue. My work around is to put both the midi and the audio track in record. It seems to solve the issue for some reason. However, you have to then mute the MIDI region after words, the track mute doesn't seem to do it's job.

It's not really a fix, but a work around.

JingleDave

• 2 months later...

He Guys, I had the same issue with Polybrute connect. So I searched for a solution and I found this thread. First let me say: I'm not a Logic User, but maybe there's a similar way in Logic.

My DAW: Cubase

Well, I said, I had the same issue. Today, after hours of test, I found the solution. Cubase has a function call ASIO-GUARD. And this ASIO-Guard was the reason, why the midi notes and the audiofile were not in sync. In Cubase it's able to turn the ASIO-GUARD on or off for every VST - Plugin. I turned the ASIO-GUARD off. Now it's perfect and in sync.

Maybe in Logic there's also this funktion or a similar technic. I dont know, why Polybrute connect is the only VST Plugin in my system with this issue, but now it works perfect!

Hope it helps.

Greetings, Klaus