TD-27 High Hat and V-Drum Mapping Issues in Logic Pro X

Winter

I recently purchased a VAD-503/TD-27, and am having issues two issues when recording using Logic Pro X: 1) I cannot get the high hat foot pedal to trigger correctly (sounds like an open HH that is being rocked out); and 2) I cannot figure out how to map additional v-drums I added to the kit (the additional drums sound like the same drums already in my kit).

The HH issue is the most frustrating. I make sure I load a Software Instrument (Default Patch is the Instrument), and then load a Producer Kit (for example, SoCal+) from the Library. I then go to the Track Header, and click the down arrow to load all the tracks, and then select Overheads. I load the Drum Kit from the Instrument Slot (which brings up a graphic of the SoCal+ kit), and click the down arrow of the Drum Kit Designer. I then select the Input Mapping and change it to V-Drum. That is how I basically create a track. The HH sounds ok when planning with a stick (both open and closed), but it sounds dreadful when triggering the HH with my foot (for example while playing the ride cymbal). It triggers all sorts of ways, typically sounding like an open high hat versus the typical sound of two cymbals compressing with the foot.

The other issue is that I cannot figure out how to map drums from my VAD-503/TD-27 that I have added--for example, I've added two other cymbals and an additional drum pad from my old Roland kit, and while they work splendidly with the TD-27, they basically sound like duplicate drums when played through Logic Pro X. I would love to change one of the cymbals to a Chinese Trash, or one of the pads to a deeper floor tom--both like I have in the module, but have no idea how to do that with Logic Pro X.

I greatly appreciate any of your time, advice and assistance--I'm beginning to lose my mind!