Logic Pro X and iDrum

BrandonNightDrive

Hi guys, I've been using Logic Pro X on an older 2012 macbook for many years now. The percussion software I've been using is iDrum, it appeals to me because its interface is like an old school drum machine.

Recently I upgraded to a new macbook pro, and discovered that iDrum is no longer supported. All the songs where iDrum was being used to create the percussion sounds are not compatible with the new macbook. What I want to know is, what is the best way to get around this? Is there a patch that allows iDrum to work on newer macbooks? Is there a different drum software that I can plug these iDrum midi segments into that will transition smoothly? I'm not a computer expert by any means so please pardon any mix ups of terminology.

Thank you for any help that you can provide!

If you have all the midi regions you can use Drummer in Logic.

You might have to go through the midi notes to make sure they play the correct sound. For example, the snare was a different midi note on the old drummer plugin, so you would have to move that note to the snare on Drummer.

Thank you very much! I will try this solution

You might have to go through the midi notes to make sure they play the correct sound. For example, the snare was a different midi note on the old drummer plugin, so you would have to move that note to the snare on Drummer.

I love iDrum and still use it in macOS Sierra. But I found its MIDI map (the list of MIDI note numbers it assigns to each sound) to be strange and unlike most other drum plugins. But that’s a minor issue, I was really disappointed when iZotope stopped updating it.

Hi, I'm having difficulty finding a plugin specifically called "Drummer" in Logic X. What I see as percussion options are: iDrum, Drum Kit Designer, Drum Machine Designer, and Ultrabeat - are any of these the plugin that you are referring to?

The version of Logic X I'm using is 10.2.2, and the operating system I'm using is Mojave.

I love iDrum and still use it in macOS Sierra. But I found its MIDI map (the list of MIDI note numbers it assigns to each sound) to be strange and unlike most other drum plugins. But that’s a minor issue, I was really disappointed when iZotope stopped updating it.

Yes it is very frustrating, I don't like a lot of fluff and flashiness with my plugins, just a minimalist intuitive interface.

Hi, I'm having difficulty finding a plugin specifically called "Drummer" in Logic X.

Top menu:

Track - Create new Drummer Track.

Thank you for this info :)

I'm looking at Drummer now and it appears to be pre-made kits. I will need to be able to change the individual percussion samples to the samples that I'm currently using in iDrum, but there does not appear to be a feature in Drummer where you can change the individual percussion instruments, you can only change an entire kit. Am I correct about this, or is there something I'm missing?

I will need to be able to change the individual percussion samples to the samples that I'm currently using in iDrum, but there does not appear to be a feature in Drummer where you can change the individual percussion instruments, you can only change an entire kit. Am I correct about this, or is there something I'm missing?

You can change the individual drum sounds, but not the actual samples:

Drummer_kick_change.gif.b4ea6dfc77fb4ffc0e633a9341e2b95f.gif

So I've looked into this subject very much and it looks like there's no way to smoothly transition from idrum to another drum program, whatever route I choose it is going to take a ton of time and work, time which I unfortunately don't have right now. So my next option is to revert back to an older operating system where idrum is still supported. I'm thinking of doing this on both my new macbook (2021) and my old macbook (2013).

My question for you guys is: will reverting back to an older operating system cause any problems that I am not aware of? I only use these computers for Logic Pro and the internet, and pretty much nothing else.

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2021 at 1:40 PM, BrandonNightDrive said:

My question for you guys is: will reverting back to an older operating system cause any problems that I am not aware of? I only use these computers for Logic Pro and the internet, and pretty much nothing else.

I realize your post is over a year old but I thought I'd address it, just in case.

A couple of months ago I installed OS X Mountain Lion (the 10.6.8 update) on my 2009 iMac Core2Duo specifically to use Reason 5. Its 32-bit, so I also installed Logic 9 so I could have some rewire fun like in 2010, the lost days of innocence... 🤔

It's big, clunky and slow, relatively speaking, but I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Then again, it's not online and I wont be connecting this iMac to the net, I don't want to deal with any hassle, that would ruin the spirit of the whole thing. I would install an older macOS on your 2013 MBP and connect to your local network but keep it off the internet.

IIRC, Sierra was the last time I was able to use iDrum AU and standalone without any issues. The setup is worth a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon if you're so inclined.