Forcing "Key of C" signature

DanRad

I'm doing a part that goes back and forth between Tenor and Flute. The piece is in Concert C major. When I insert the tenor clef, I get a key signature (D). When I go back to flute the key signature goes away, but I can't seem to get the two naturals reminding the player that C and F are now natural. I've tried creating two notes (F and C natural) forcing the accidental, but I can't seem to make the head disappear and leave the naturals. (I'm on LP 10.3.3 for grumpy reasons... Was this a bug?)

How can I "force" those naturals or key change?

Here I have the tenor clef region highlighted, you can see where I switch to a region that's non transposed.

1734961491_ScreenShot2021-04-23at4_30_42PM.thumb.png.e7be15ce5bef5f0c7b53f96136bf7b01.png

Thanks for the response

As you can see from the screen shot, I'm using multiple regions to generate the part. One is a Tenor Sax clef, the other a concert treble clef. When I switch regions, the transposition changes, but it is not helped by the insertion of two naturals as you can see by the screenshot. In that shot, you can see that the first region is higlighted (being green) and the next is not. Though it changes to "No sharps or flats" there are not "naturals" to help indicate this change.

In your screen shot, I'm assuming that it's one region with an inserted key change.

My inelegant fix was to do it all in one region, change the key to D and transpose all the notes up appropriately. It doesn't play back properly, but it looks right... but I'm hoping for a more elegant solution.

Thanks

DanRad

First this would be far easier if I had your project, because I am still guessing at assumptions......

1/ You have two regions on the same track.

2/ The first region is in the key of D ( no transposing staff style) - Is that correct or do you have a transposing staff style for the first region?

3/ 2nd Region you want in the key of C - so you are using a transposing staff style.;

4/ with the above - you want the key change accidentals to show up.... correct ?

So here is an example..... There will be two parts to this explanation.... we will do one first and then other...

A/ how do you get it to look right in the score.

B/ how do you get it to play right.... ( I will show you this once we get A correct).

If I am completely off base let me know... but again uploading your project or a portion of it will speed this process.

965522744_ScreenShot2021-04-24at10_23_40AM.thumb.png.063339a15ec61b5287a4ee8b66ad2dbb.png

Thanks for the replies. Haven't had time to make a sendable version...:/ BUT...to reiterate: There is no key change. Just an INSTRUMENT change. From Concert Treble (written in C major) to a Tenor Sax (Written in D major) and back. I can't seem to "Force" those two naturals to show up. UNLESS I use one region, make an actual key change and transpose the actual notes, thus creating a part that is a 9th off of the desired notes. (Workable, but not ideal)

Thanks for the help.

DanRad

Could you please tell me if my picture is your objective or not. Yes or No.....

And I am referring to a key change in signature not a key change in performance. I understand both will sound the same key when playing, but in order to do that with a concert pitch instrument and a transposed instruments the key signatures need to be different in order for them to play in the same key.

I think based on this conversation ( which always makes me think when asked by you).... Instead of trying to have logic automatically insert them ( which is how I did my example above)... I think you might be better served by just grabbing the natural symbol from the part box and inserting them where you want without any concern for automatic natural cancellations...

1072923967_ForDan.thumb.gif.6aae7e5ccc27a7a5a3f36316cddcf44d.gif

That is what I like... making the complex.... simple... of course you started with really just wanting to turn on the lights and asked to figure out how to get to high voltage electrical signal into your home with a step down transformer to 60hz so you can see in the dark... :)

Just flip the switch :)

Have a good weekend !!