Big Sur updates to 11.3(.0?)

Eriksimon

Surprised that there wasn't a topic already about this. I haven't gone for it yet (have to make a current TM backup first) but the release notes are sparse and do not or hardly seem to pertain to any audio or Logic issues being adressed; also, the link to "more detailed release notes" only shows the release notes up until BS 11.2.3 - nothing on 3.0 (yet). Sloppy. Orv is that what always happens? Never really been on this bloody (or is it "bleeding"?) edge before.

So, can anyone here say more than mentioned in the official Apple publications? Have you tried and tested and noticed improvements?

I have installed it. In my experience Logic started working worse, I am facing latency issues. Logic was crashing several times, especially when it tried to save a project while quitting. It seems that we would need a Logic Pro update as well... :(

i had no such issues on any of the 11.3 betas, and my main collab is on 11.3 (the official release; she doesn't run betas), and she's doing fine. i'd suggest you look into other fixes, ie resetting nvram, or the smc... or booting into safe mode, opening logic, then rebooting.

11.4 beta1 is fine here with logic (so far...)

Waiting a bit here. I read a weird article on MacRumors some time ago saying that 11.3 could remove Rosetta 2 for legal reasons in some parts of the world(localized they say). So, I'm waiting to see if all that is true and if so, if I could be affected. AS is great but if Rosetta 2 is gone I can,t work with that as I have zero stuff M1 native at the moment...

Blink

Waiting a bit here. I read a weird article on MacRumors some time ago saying that 11.3 could remove Rosetta 2 for legal reasons in some parts of the world(localized they say). So, I'm waiting to see if all that is true and if so, if I could be affected. AS is great but if Rosetta 2 is gone I can,t work with that as I have zero stuff M1 native at the moment...

Blink

I heard that too, but on the of chance that you might indeed lose R2, why not do as I do an make a TM backup right before updating...?

i had no such issues on any of the 11.3 betas, and my main collab is on 11.3 (the official release; she doesn't run betas), and she's doing fine. i'd suggest you look into other fixes, ie resetting nvram, or the smc... or booting into safe mode, opening logic, then rebooting.

It seems that resetting NVRAM helped, it was a good idea, thanks!

It seems that resetting NVRAM helped, it was a good idea, thanks!

good to hear! amazing how many times these basic routines help (resetting the smc, nvram; booting in safe mode).