Logic 10.6.2. Release Notes

David Nahmani

New in Logic Pro 10.6.2

Stability and reliability

Fixes an issue where Logic Pro may quit unexpectedly when using Bass Amp Designer under Rosetta 2 on a Mac with Apple silicon.

Improved stability when using Audio Units running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon.

Logic Pro no longer becomes unresponsive when quickly changing presets on the Vintage Organ.

Resolves an issue where Logic Pro could quit unexpectedly when renaming Arrangement Markers after a Marker Set has been created

Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly when Explode Folders is selected for a folder in the Score.

Performance

Large sample-based instruments now load more quickly.

The playhead no longer appears to be stuck when playback is started after the computer wakes from sleep.

Performance is improved in large projects in which the Console 1 Lua script is installed.

Sampler and Quick Sampler

Manually created slices in Quick Sampler are now properly assigned to pads when converted to a Drum Machine Designer kit.

Optimizing the Loop Start/End in Quick Sampler now updates the loop playback range as expected.

Automating Smart Controls to modulate Envelope 1 Attack in Sampler now sounds correct when the display shows the value returned to 0.

Live Loops

MIDI Live Loops cells that are set to Play from Playhead Position now play back in sync when triggered while the project is playing.

Plug-ins

Resolves an issue in which some multi-output Audio Unit software instruments showed more outputs than were actually available.

MIDI effect Audio Unit plug-ins running natively on a Mac with Apple silicon now output MIDI as expected.

Controls View is now available on Audio Units running natively on on a Mac with Apple silicon.

Performance is improved when streaming audio to Elektron hardware using the Elektron Overbridge plug-in.

Mixer

The Mixer now displays correctly after Hide buttons on several tracks have been enabled.

Fixes an issue where high latency plug-ins could cause timing issues for Side Chain routing and automation

Content

Time Machine volumes can no longer be selected as the destination when relocating the Sound Library.

Resolves an issue in which relocating the Sound Library to an external drive was not possible.

Automation

Automation of toggled parameters for Audio Unit plug-ins now work as expected.

Export and bounce

Regions that are bounced in place are now named based on the Track, rather than the Channel Strip.

Fades

Edits applied with the Fade tool to multiple selected regions now work as expected.

Smart Controls

Fixes an issue where touching the Limiter level parameter in the Smart Controls can cause an unexpected drop in level.

Track Stacks

The names of sub-tracks in a software instrument track stack now display properly.

MIDI controllers and control surfaces

Resolves several issues with Lua script support for control surfaces.

When a Drum Machine Designer track is selected, control surfaces now display the channel strip as Drum Machine Designer instead of displaying the name of the audio plug-in on the first insert slot.

General

If the left and right locators are set to the same position and Cycle is enabled, putting Logic Pro into play mode now disables Cycle.

Fixes an issue where the playhead might not respond correctly after the Mac wakes from sleep.

A highlighted Marquee section is now dismissed after it is Option-dragged to copy the selection.

Marquee selections are now deselected after the Repeat function is used.

downloaded, and checking it out now.

EDIT: so far, so good (at least here); one thing: my save windows have been opening wider than my actual screen (so, some dragging involved), and that's no longer happening. anyway, looking forward to reports from those who were dealing with latency/automation issues...

Don't forget to first duplicate "Logic Pro" in your Applications folder (Control-click and choose Duplicate) to have a backup BEFORE you update. You never know! :)

Duplicate.png

You can then rename your backup after its version number, and safely update the original:

update original.png

i've... never actually done that, but next time... i swear... :shock:

Well, this means it's CATALINA TIME for me!!! I don't have any project in progress, it seems like the perfect time to upgrade. There were a few interesting goodies in 10.6 but the delay compensation fix is worth everything! I wonder what the Console 1 fixes are.

I just did a quick test. Still have a problem with side chain PDC:

1. create track “audio 1”
  2. create track “audio 2”
  3. route track “audio 1” over “bus 1” to “aux 1”
  4. insert latency inducing plugin “Linear Phase EQ” into “aux 1”
  5. route “aux 1” over “bus 2” to “aux 2”
  6. route track “audio 2” over “bus 3” to “aux 3”
  7. insert plugin “Compressor” to “aux 3”
  8. change side chain of the compressor to “bus 2”
  9. put a identical drum-loop on both tracks

result: audio 1 <-> audio 2 are NOT in sync

Not sure what they think they fixed in PDC sidechaining...but at least the above scenario is still not fixed.

I hope they at least fixed the automation pdc issue, which for me is a bigger deal... will try to test tomorrow.

Fix:

I had logic pro (10.6.1) in my dock. Opening Logic Pro from the App Store opens another Logic instance in the dock. That is now 10.6.2. Remove other Logic Pro from dock.

Still something is not right: in Finder/Applications/Logic Pro/Get info still shows 10.6.1 but if i open Logic from my dock it now says 10.6.2

Reported a bug.

Weird. I had to search the store for "Logic Pro" to find the update. Didn't say "Buy" though, I think I remember it said "Update", but it wasn't in my Update tab.

When I searched for it in the App Store, I only had the option to open Logic. When I clicked 'Buy' on the Apple website, then the option to update appeared in the App Store. I've had quite a few weird things like that happen in the app store before.

Fix:

I had logic pro (10.6.1) in my dock. Opening Logic Pro from the App Store opens another Logic instance in the dock. That is now 10.6.2. Remove other Logic Pro from dock.

Still something is not right: in Finder/Applications/Logic Pro/Get info still shows 10.6.1 but if i open Logic from my dock it now says 10.6.2

Reported a bug.

quit logic. control (or right)-click on the icon in the dock, and select options>reveal in finder. where is LP 10.6.2 located? should be in applications, but perhaps elsewhere? if so, move it to applications (and you can move 10.6.1 to the desktop, or just copy it to another drive (or something).

Hasn't shown up here yet, either.

In the App Store, select the "DIscover" tab on the left. In the search field, search for "Logic Pro". The first result should be the Logic Pro app with a screenshot. Double-click the screenshot to see more details about the app. What Version History number do you see toward the right?

485279532_LogicProinAppStore.png.d96aaeeab3b59fe4f38a54d3bef7951d.png

Fix:

Reported a bug.

quit logic. control (or right)-click on the icon in the dock, and select options>reveal in finder. where is LP 10.6.2 located? should be in applications, but perhaps elsewhere? if so, move it to applications (and you can move 10.6.1 to the desktop, or just copy it to another drive (or something).

Thanks Fisherking. I already deleted and re downloaded Logic. All is well for now.