External SSD drive

Studio162A

My experience with many OWC drives is they are rock solid, but that price is a bit high for a bus powered 1TB SSD. Many other name brands (SanDisk, Samsung, WD) are around $150.

However it does support E-SATA, an external supply, has a power switch and allows swapping out drives to add capacity down the road which you might find useful enough to justify the higher cost.

I just read enossified's post and I apologize for not following the link you supplied.

That is pretty steep as far as $$$ goes.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to shopping sites here but I bought a 1TB SSD and the cheap snap together USB 3.0 case (not powered) for approximately $130 (SSD) and $14 (case)

Yep, I'm cheap. haha

I can pop open the case and unplug or plug in other SSD drives anytime as its just a SATA connection.

(I just make sure the power's off and the unplugged from my Computer)

And as I said I've had no issues whatsoever as far as performance.

Drew

I'm a member of the lower-cost SATA SSD drives + USB3 case. I use them for backups and longer term storage as well.

At some point (when prices get better) I will be using an OWC Envoy Express enclosure (1500MB/s) and fast NvME SSD - a 2TB drive can hold everything that I use and need. Carry the drive from machine to machine and boot from that ;-)