Remote selection of multiple tracks possible via Controller Assignments?

eakwarren

Hello Logic Pro Help Community,

I use Divisimate which features a Trigger plugin that can send Program Change, Note, and CC events on a preset load. This is useful for example to select articulations in Spitfire’s BBC Core. Is it possible to also trigger the simultaneous selection of multiple tracks (and thus rec-enable them all) in Logic Pro based on PC, Note, or CC events? (Similar to Command clicking multiple tracks) I’ve played with Controller Assignments in Logic and I can select a track with a Divisimate trigger, but sending the next trigger deselects the track and selects the other track. Basically, is there a way in Controller Assignments to select more than one track?

Thinking outside the box, I can also create a Group that only links the Record setting. Perhaps selecting one track via trigger would automatically rec-enable the other tracks in the group.

Thanks,

Eric

It works when I create a group, and only tick the Record box in the group settings. Then create the controller assignment below.

791889060_PastedGraphic.thumb.png.836349687dfc082cd74697d62d380223.png

The Divisimate Trigger looks like this.

Trigger.thumb.png.94e7be8f24d097f55a3042c8ed7de48a.png

The only catch is that I haven't figured out how to make the controller assignment listen on all channels, not just Ch.1 (without replicating the assignment 15 times anyway.) Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

• 5 months later...

Bumping this in light of Logic Pro 10.7 which features discreet midi port / channel assignment per track. My Divisimate trigger is the same as above, but I tweaked the PGM change control message to target a rec group with a single member (reflecting the track to arm). However, the triggers execute sequentially, so it effectively just switches and selects the last group triggered. Is there a way to programmatically arm multiple instrument tracks?

918660071_ScreenShot2021-10-20at12_35_55PM.thumb.png.cbd286e11438423c69aa91aa15cc4c56.png