Deleting unused files

andymunro73

Hi there,

I recorded a my band's live set (guitar, bass, vocals, 4 drum mics) and the whole thing is 2 hour long sets in one file.

I've tried to split the HUGE file down into manageable chunks of individual songs, however the unused sections are still in the Project files folder.

I want to trim down the massive set down into 30 small packages only containing each song and not the legacy of the whole gig.

Thanks

AM

I do live band recordings like this - record each set as an individual set of files (typically an hour), start a new recording for the next set. It works for more than an hour, but I don't like trusting everything in a 2+ hour WAV file - just me.

For each song I create a marker and and regions on every track. Normally I do all the markers and region creation in one pass. This is when I verify that I actually have sound.

For each song I want to work on I select the regions for the song and do an Export Regions (no plugins, no automation, no panning) as audio files in a separate folder. I create a new project using my template for the band and add the audio files to the project.

I don't run in to issues of "unused files". I have a master copy of the sets.

If I want to create quick review tracks for listening I throw on a few plugins and bounce the region with "Bounce Project or Section".

Great idea! This seems to be working. Thanks!

Once again I'm astounded by the collective knowledge of folks on this forum and for their willingness to help. Even the most obscure or seemingly trivial issue. Sometimes you just need someone to say "I do it like this..."

Cheers. It seems to be wine oclock now.