Score Editor: is this a bug?

Music Spirit
Go to solution Solved by Music Spirit,

Hi

Works fine here - I can't see 'Note head' as a menu choice in the Note Attributes menu.

However, in score editor, if you highlight notes you want to change.

Then drag the required note head symbol from the part box at left onto any of the highlighted notes - all selected notes should change at once.

It is not available from the functions note attribute drop down.

You must highlight the note, and right click on it. This menu will appear... There you can change the note heads

Edit: reading your question - you are asking more about more than one note... No the note attribute dialogue is on a per note basis. If you want to change more than one note you must either do them individually using the note attribute menu option or if you want to do more than one, you must select the notes to be affected and drag and drop from the part box.....

715941372_ScreenShot2021-05-03at10_47_02AM.thumb.png.a0b18256f411a82dd106fcd8a7f392ea.png

When changing noteheads the staff style "head" parameter needs to be set to "normal" for variants in note heads to be applied. When you have Finger or Names defined in the staff style - you cannot change the note heads manually as the staff style setting over-rides it... So what you can do is set the notes you want to change to a different midi channel ( polyphonic staff style) - set those notes to "normal" in the staff style and them apply your global note head changes. So the issue in your video where the note heads will note change is because in the your staff style you have all notes set to "names" ( hence over-riding any manual note head changes).

1394270548_ForAdam.thumb.gif.c5b5eaad47a6e7fd21e40e81da82b280.gif

• Solution

A totally brilliant solution thank you! I would never have got my head round this… :-)

By the way the example chart is not really where I had the original problem - I would not normally turn the top note Of a chord into an X - note head

But the solution still stands...

When changing noteheads the staff style "head" parameter needs to be set to "normal" for variants in note heads to be applied. When you have Finger or Names defined in the staff style - you cannot change the note heads manually as the staff style setting over-rides it... So what you can do is set the notes you want to change to a different midi channel ( polyphonic staff style) - set those notes to "normal" in the staff style and them apply your global note head changes. So the issue in your video where the note heads will note change is because in the your staff style you have all notes set to "names" ( hence over-riding any manual note head changes).

For Adam.gif

I would not normally turn the top note